Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oprah? I hate Oprah! Ohhhhh Opera...


No its not the accented drawl of an old digger answering the door nor the concatenation of two fine things, Carmen is an opera - apparently. A fact I was blissfully unaware of until Thursday night when offered a free ticket. The conversation went something like this:

"What up biatch?!"
"Sup pimp daddy. How would a night chillin' at the Opera suit yo fine ass?"
"The Opera you say? Why my dear lady, that sounds ever-so splendiferous! I shall wear my new tuxedo, cane and top hat."
"Dont forget your monacle good sir. I shall have Charles pick you up in the Bentley at 8."

Carmen is chock full of songs you hear and go 'ohhhhhh I know this!' which make is very n00b friendly. Unfortunately there was a glaring lack of big-breasted viking women wearing horns. They was however some great singing and music, along with a suave-matador that had most of the women swooning (along with a few men).

It all ended rather abruptly, and I couldn't help but feel there needed to be a Directors Cut. Y'know, that final scene where the bullfighter kills the stupid angry army guy, takes his former woman and makes passionate gypsy love while an aroused bull watches on. Yes, it was agreed on the night that what the Opera needs is more sordid animal love triangles. It'll engage the youth of today don't you know.

3 Comments:

At 12 June, 2007 19:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say you did look rather splendid in said tuxedo, cane and top hat!
Kate

 
At 19 June, 2007 23:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Oprah too...

 
At 10 January, 2008 04:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I hate Oprah too, let me count the ways!

Anyway, I rather randomly stumbled across your blog actually on a boring afternoon at work and found myself amused!

Here's a site I thought you might enjoy, following the whole Oprah theme and all:

www.livingoprah.com

Cheers
Elisha
http://roadwork_ahead.livejournal.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home