Friday, October 20, 2006

Stu in Fairyland

Choose your own adventure time!

You have been out all night dancing a moonlit beach under the influence of psychotropics. You stumble in the door at 9.00am, shoes filled with sand. The phone rings, you are meant to meet your friends at a Theme Park today.
What do you do?
a) Tell said friends you had some bad chicken, and are violently throwing up
b) Fling the phone into the corner and crawl into bed like the Gollum you are.
c) Pour the sand out of your shoes, shiver and freak out in the shower, and go to a Theme Park on no sleep.

In case you didnt guess, I picked option C!

Efterling is the Netherlands oldest theme park, and was apparently one of the first - predating Disneyland. The thought of in-your-face clowns, cheesey gift shops and screaming kids didnt really appeal to my scattered brain., but I went along anyways.


I'm happy to say the whole experience was remarkably pleasant. The place has this magical fairy tale theme going on - from the twinkly music the play in the carpark, the giant witches castle that is the entrance to the fairy floss they serve to every kid. The attractions are scattered throughout little lakes and gardens and it all has a peaceful, tranquil feel to it. Its a theme park done right in my opinion, and the little boy in me rejoiced.

After dancing all night I was famished, and in true Dutch fasion I stuffed my face with a big cream waffle and big cotton candy. Afterwards my stomach wasnt too happy, and thus I could only take on a tame rollercoaster.


All in all, I can recommend this place to anyone wanting a relaxing day on family-friendly rides and perhaps just relaxing in a rowboat on the lake. Thrillseekers should look elsewhere for kicks however.

Thus ends a short entry - all you anti-bookworms can rejoice now.

2 Comments:

At 22 October, 2006 15:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose after a night of wild beach dancing under the influence of chemical and moon madness, a kid's theme park might not precisely make your blood race in your veins. But moonlit beaches generally don't have cotton candy - gimme!

 
At 23 October, 2006 10:55, Blogger ManicLovely said...

Cotton candy? Cotton canDY???! Pfft, I forgive Alyssa for such language but YOU Stuart! Have you shunned your Australian roots? It's fairy floss ok? Now don't start saying butt or ass or cab ok? Because I'm assuming you would come into contact with those words in particular:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home